Sunday 21 August 2016

Tanya's Salted Nutella Cookies!


hiyaa,

Following on from my last post about Tanya Bakes. I’ve decided to show you one of the recipes that I have attempted myself! So as you can tell from the title, we’re going to make Tanya’s Salted Nutella Cookies! I can just tell from the picture that these are going to taste A.MA.ZING. 

So let’s get started…

Makes 10 ( depends how big you want them )
Prep time: 10 minutes ( as fast as you can work )
Cooking time: 12 minutes ( whenever they go golden brown )


You will need:

Ingredients

200g unsalted butter

325g self-raising Flour

300g caster sugar ( although cheeky me is using granulated )

1 large egg

200g Nutella

1 tsp salt 


Equipment

grease proof paper

wooden spoon/kitchen Aid

a mixing bowl

at least 2 baking trays ( these bad boys spread )


It’s always good to start prepping although I get soso excited for yumminess I want to start baking straight away. So first, preheat the oven to 180℃ / 350℉ / GM4 . Line at least 2 large baking trays with greaseproof paper

Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy ( make sure the butter is really soft because this took me a while, think it would help if I used caster sugar rather than granulated…but hey, I had to work with what I had ).

Mix in the egg until combined, then gradually add the flour and salt until a dough forms ( I would recommend having some help while whisking and adding flour, unless you came prepared and you already have one of them fancy kitchen aids, in that case, well done you ).

Add the Nutella and gently marble the chocolate spread through the dough using a wooden spoon or palette knife ( not as hard as it sounds…well I found it difficult but I’m guessing a normal person will be able to do it easily ).


Divide the dough into 10 balls, then squash them down gently onto the baking trays ( this part gets really tricky…and sticky, just be prepared to get covered in the stuff ). Make sure to leave plenty of space between each cookie, as they will spread in the oven. ( unless you're planning on letting your cookies all join together to make one monster cookie, I suggest giving them as much space as possible to grow into whoever they want to be ).



Sprinkle with sea salt ( if you want to, nobody is making you )

Bake for 12 minutes ( mine were in the oven for a good half an hour before they started going golden brown, so I would just suggest keeping a close eye on them and deciding yourself if they look ready ).

Transfer to a wire rack to cool and set for 20 minutes before eating ( they still should be a bit warm and fudgy ).



I hope this recipe worked out for you. I shared all my cookies with the rest of my family and they all loved them ( so I hope you liked them too )! Next time I’m going to try it with Peanut Butter! I really would recommend buying Tanya’s new baking book. All the recipes look delicious and I mean, if I can do it I’m pretty sure everyone else can give these recipes a try!

see you later, byeeee x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow